Monday, April 4, 2011

Family Lovin'

Hey everyone. I know I haven't blogged in a while but I'm planning something new for my blog. Well this entry is a lot different from my old ones because I wont be talking about lifestyle or how to make yourself happy. Today, its going to be all about FAMILY. This is a little more personal that usual so I hope you guys get something out of it.



Back in high school, Mondays were officially family nights where we would go out to malls or restaurants just to hang out and have that family bonding. You see, my dad doesn't have work on Mondays so the whole family can basically get together the entire night after school. My dad would usually pick me up, then my mom, then we'd go some place that we want like UP, or SM, or Shakey's. We'd stay there for hours just talking about our lives and updating ourselves with the current events and latest gossip.

As soon as I reached college, everything changed. We didn't have family nights anymore. I'd usually go home late every Monday because I have training, events, meetings, etc. We rarely get together as a family. As soon as I arrive home, I go straight to my bed to study or sleep. I practically don't get to chat with them anymore.

Three years later, just this afternoon, I came home early from doing some MISA work in school, my mom knocked on my door and asked me if I want to eat at Pares with dad. Knowing how much we missed bonding and talking about life, I immediately said yes. I hurriedly changed my clothes and we were off to Pares.

To everyone who have no idea what Pares is, its a simple eating place near our house. They serve really cheap food that actually tastes good. Its less like a restaurant but better than a carinderya. The meal took only less than an hour (maybe because we were so hungry). And before you know it, we're on our way home already.

This family dinner for me was the most special. Yes, we didn't eat in a fancy restaurant like Burgoo or Teriyaki Boy. Yes, we didn't have much time to talk unlike before. Yes, we didn't spend too much. The important thing is that after such a long time, we were able to stop and spend time away from our busy schedules just to dine with one another. Yes, not too many words were said but the feeling that your mom and dad are there sharing the food they ordered, sharing the same soft drink with each other just made me feel how thankful I should be to have them around.

The lesson I got from this is despite all the things that are happening right now, you will always have two people ready to support you no matter what. Despite all your frustrations and problems in life, you'll always have a family to go home to. You'll always have people that will love you no matter what. Even if the world is against you, you have to realize that there are always two people back home ready to fight for you no matter what. And that, for me, is the greatest feeling in the world... the feeling that you are loved.

1 comment:

randzyrandz said...

awwwww. i felt the sincerity i swear!! kilig kilig.